Sunday 10 March 2013

A Nice Holiday (Part II)

Nemours, south of Paris

Isle-et-Bardais, just north of Cerilly

Countryside in Cerilly

Irish fan cheering on Nic Roche

The bumblebee van - 10 different flags!

This guy was a (French) legend

The finish line at Saint-Vallier

The big blue and yellow bike...

...and the schoolchildren that went with it.

1k from the finish in Saint-Vallier

Looking down 1k-500m to go in Saint-Vallier

The river Rhone, Saint-Vallier

Looking the other way

An eager fan, Saint-Vallier

Montagne de Lure, south-eastern France

Views from Montagne de Lure

My artsy French-mountain photos

The other side of the road

The technical area (the commentary tribune
on the right is where I hang out)

Late mountain sunshine

So I've just had the most amazing week ever following Paris-Nice. The people were amazing, both the ones I travelled with and the ones I met at the race along the way, the views were magnificent, the riders great, and the experience unforgettable. This was my first time at Paris-Nice, as a spectator or a journo, so it was twice as exciting, and I got the chance to work alongside someone from Australian cycling that I greatly admire, which was an incredible opportunity. I have to say a huge thank you to Mike Tomalaris for his advice that put me on the right track, Matt Keenan for making the arrangements and Phil Gomes and the team at SBS Cycling Central for the incredible faith they put in me to cover the race. For those who are interested, you can read all my articles for them here. Next stop: Paris-Roubaix.

No comments:

Post a Comment